Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Introducing Miss Betty-June

Meeting your child at 3 pm is cruel. All day you fret and pace and you are expected to be able to fill our official paperwork. 
Don't I look like a big bundle of nerves?

When we got to Civil Affairs she was there waiting for me. 
I had tears running down my face like crazy. She was a beautiful stoic princess. 
It took a while but she did eventually smile. 
The required dum dum lollipop helped. 
There is a million dollar smile 
I brought her a Minnie Mouse of course. 
After all the excitement we came back to the hotel and went for Chinese food. 
We tried to call Dad after dinner but the video chat couldn't work because something was wrong with the wifi. That really bothered me. I miss the folks at home. And I wanted the sisters to meet each other. 
At breakfast this morning somehow it started working. 
Salted fish and peanut congee. I know, I know but she scraped the bowl clean!
After breakfast we came back to our room for an hour to play. 
Play doh was a big hit. 

Today was the official adoption appointment. What a looooong morning. I don't remember it taking so long. While waiting I met a couple from France and a couple from Australia adopting babies. 
Once we finally left we stopped at the market for some supplies then it was back to the room. 
Some families were going to McDs for lunch but we were dragging. We came back to the room for cup o noodles and Chinese kiddie shows. 
Tomorrow is the medical appt and applying for passport. But I will leave you with this face 










No comments:

Post a Comment