Saturday, September 13, 2014

"The Guide says there is an art to flying". Hitchhiker's Guide 3

Here I am one again in beautiful China. 
My flights were pretty uneventful. My flight from Pittsburgh was 45 min late leaving but I had a 4 hours wait in Chicago for my flight to Hong Kong so if I sat in Pittsburgh or Chicago didn't matter to me. 
When I finally got to Chicago I was pretty proud of myself for navigating the airport even changing terminals all by myself. 
I grabbed a bottle of coffee from a shop and settled in at the gate waiting for my long flight. As I was checking out Facebook I saw that someone had posted on a friend's wall they had made it to the gate for their flight. I looked up and saw a couple sitting across from me. I took a chance and said ,"Are you the Browns?"
They were so we started chatting when we were joined by another young man,Nathan, who was traveling to help his sister on her adoption trip.  Finally, friends of the Browns joined us. The Powells too were traveling to Guangzhou for their adoption. Turns out their daughter has thalassemia also. 
The waiting time for our flight flew by. When we boarded our flight it was only half full. Nathan and I shared a row with a seat between us. After takeoff we had a light dinner and settled in for the long hall. The flight attendant came thru and asked if we were together. When we told her we weren't she told Nathan there was an empty row he could have. When he moved I had 3 seats to myself. I was able to stretch our to sleep. 
Landing in Hong Kong I knew I was that much closer to my daughter. Again, I've gotta pay myself on the back for navigating thru the airport. Bought a Coke and found my gate. I called my hubby, told him how much I miss him and the kids and ran into the Powells again. Turns out they are on the same flight. 
It was a quick flight to GZ. I made it thru immigration with no issues, collected my luggage and found my guide. Guess who had the same guide?  Yep, the Powells!  Turns our our agencies share a guide. 
Now I'm at the Garden Hotel. I napped on and off this afternoon. When I turned I. The TV I found a replay if the Steelers/Ravens game. 
Tomorrow I'm meeting another Thal mom for breakfast. 
Goodnight From Guangzhou!

2 comments:

  1. I'm following your journey! I will be taking the same travel road prayerfully in the spring! For my thal princess :) Baoan SWI. Looking forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will you be traveling alone? Thal kids are the best!

      Delete