Saturday, September 6, 2014

Hello, Is it me you're looking for? Lionel Richie

I have neglected this blog as I have neglected too many other things this month.  But I have a really good excuse, I have been obsessing over getting Betty-June home!  And it looks like that will be happening very soon.
Her birthday was Aug 24th.  My goal had been to be with her for her birthday, but that was just my goal. When it became obvious that wasn't going to happen we arranged with Helen(one of our agency's reps in China) to send her a birthday party. Helen sent us some pictures from the party and a video.  That may have been a mistake.  Birthdays are not a big deal in China and she looked pretty overwhelmed, but that is a way cool candle on that cake.
 She is looking at the photo album we sent her.  In some of the pictures she is studying the picture of Belle and Serenity.  This one
See the doll she is holding?  That was a birthday present from us.
That's the photo album.  I emailed Helen the pictures and she put 
the album together.  Notice who is on the cover?  
I swear I had nothing to do with that.
So I was thinking how pale she looked and how overwhelmed, and I just felt so sad.  Sad for her, sad for me thinking I shouldn't have sent the party if it just was too much for her.  
Then a few days later I got our 'final update' with these pictures

She is happier and smiling and loving on her doll.  I really believe her birthday party was pre-transfusion and these pictures were post transfusion.  So now I am feeling a little better but still wishing she was with us.
And then last week it happened!  We got Travel Approval!  Well, sort of, the agency knew it had been issued and was being mailed.  They needed the TA in their hands before they could secure us an appointment at the US Consulate.  They expected it Friday or Monday. They had requested it be emailed but were told no. 
  We are pushing up against a major Chinese holiday.  The consulate is closed from Oct 1-5, so no appointments those days and Chinese offices are closed Oct 1-8 so nothing can happen then.  I'm told the only days we could get our consulate appointment are Sept 22,25 or 29 because the 23 and 24th are full.
Oh the drama, oh the angst!  I was so worried travel would get pushed back another month, if I didn't get an appointment on one of those days I wouldn't get to meet her until Oct 13.  But our agency person told me to go ahead and contact a travel agent because when it happened it would happen fast.  So I did, talked to a very nice agent discussed routes and he gave me instructions on what to do when I found out my consulate appointment.
So I went to bed Wednesday night with all this on my heart and mind.  While I was sleeping someone in China decided they COULD email the travel approval.  Thank you, whomever you are. 
Our agency was able to secure us a Sept 22 consulate appointment meaning I will meet Betty-June Sept 15 meaning I leave Thursday to fly to China.  Did you hear that THURSDAY!! After months of waiting it is happening this quick.
Stay tuned......


No comments:

Post a Comment