Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops.

I hope everyone had a grand holiday weekend!  I know we did.  But let me tell you about it!

Sunday we had a family picnic. Our family is pretty big.  My mother has 10 grand kids from two daughters.  9 of them were at the picnic. Here is a picture of my mom and the kids
 
 
Missing from the picture is my brother in law's oldest daughter, her daughter, the big guy in pink's fiancée and the guy in the turtle shirt's fiancée.
Both my parents were there and Matt's parent's were there.  We had 18 total.  A pretty good turn out.

We have a pretty unique family make-up.  My sister has 3 kids, my brother in law has 3 kids.  That isn't real unusual in 2013 America.  What makes it rather unique is my sister married hubby's best friend.  My boys grew up with his kids and considered them family.  We have known those kids since they were born so Ramie and Ron getting married just made the relationship legal. All the kids together are referred to as 'The Cousins'  it's kind of like the Mafia actually it is a mafia.
Dean's wife was/is niece Emily's best friend from high school.  So her assimilation wasn't that big of a deal.  Everyone has nicknames and earning your nickname is kind of a big deal. From oldest to youngest
Rachel=Rachie Babe
Bridget=Bee, Beasely
Matthew=Mattie, Mattikins
Emily=Em, Noodle
Lauren(fiancée to Jordan)LuLu
Jordan= J-man, Daisy Mae
Nicole=Nikki Lee formerly Nikki the Hickie
Dean= Deanie Boy
Donovan=Sweet Petunia
Abby(fiancée to Donovan) AbbyCadabby, AbbyNormal
Shawn= Crash
Lyle= Chipmunk, Little Man
Serenity=The MeiMei
Shawn earned his nickname this weekend at the family picnic. 
The table was laden with all manner of picnic food.  Potato Salad, Pretzel Salad, Broccoli Salad, Baked Beans, Coleslaw, Carrots, Dip, Chips, condiments for burgers and sausages, onions, lettuce pickles olives the works!  We were 5 min from the meat coming off the grill when C>R>A>S>H!!!
 
 
In a moment of Cousin hijinks, Shawn ran backwards into the food table. It was totally turned on its side and ALL THE FOOD crashed to the ground.   The rest of the women salvaged what they could and I walked away.
It will become another of the Cousin Legends.
The Cousins

Matt's Parents and Mattie

My Precious Little Deanie Boy

Not such a Little Man Any More

 
 

Sweet Petunia

Daisy Mae

Mattiekins and Sir PounceALot

The GrillMaster

Salvaged Picnic


Noodle and Gramma NextDoor

Buzz Lightyear Hoodie
Love It!
 

                                                          My Mom, Sister and Crash

Papow

Best Friends

Beasley

Noodle, Beasley and The MeiMei

Now That's a Fire!

Family by Heart

 

No comments:

Post a Comment