Tuesday, May 14, 2013

As cold water is to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country. Prov 25:25

Yesterday was a rough day.  As most of you know we are trying for a medical expedite for Belle.  I have gathered letters from the Cooley's Anemia Foundation and Children's Hospital of Philadelphia International Adoption Clinic and their Thalassemia Clinic.  I have forwarded those letters to our agency and senator.  Yesterday I called USCIS to find out who our officer was so I could plead out case.  I found our officer has is no longer in the adoption division.  Joy.  I was able to speak to a nice officer who gave me some guidance.  I called out agency and left a message. Then I emailed the agency with a list of questions/recommendations from the IA dr.
Also going on was our dryer just not drying well.  So I was hanging clothes out on the line and it was COLD.  And we all know how I feel about being cold, and that wasn't helping my state of mind any.
Matt and his cousin were outside discussing a building project we want done when they noticed something weird happening around the dryer vent.  Upon investigation they found this:

 
A precious birdie nest.  The nest had completely obstructed the vent.  As sweet as the nest was it had to go.  I am such a softy the thought of destroying the eggs was too  much.  I asked Matt to put the nest in one of our apple trees and hopefully mommy bird will find it.
So now I am feeling really down.  Not only am I pushing a rock uphill trying to get my Belle home sooner, I am responsible for the probable death of 6 baby birds.

Yep I felt pretty crappy.

I went to work with Matt today.  I had one final day and I was done for the year.  At least that was good, I thought. We went to a nice pizza place for lunch and spent some nice time talking about things happening in the adoption community.
After lunch I got an email response from our agency.  Lo and behold I found this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUNSVGJD8mM&feature=player_detailpage

All of the sudden I felt better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment