Monday, May 20, 2013

“How did it get so late so soon?” Dr Seuss

“So be sure when you step, Step with care and great tact. And remember that life's A Great Balancing Act. And will you succeed? Yes! You will, indeed! (98 and ¾ percent guaranteed) Kid, you'll move mountains.”
Dr. Seuss, Oh, The Places You'll Go!    

You have heard me speak about my oldest son.

He graduated from college on Saturday.  I can't believe he is so grown up.

I am so proud of him.  He has big plans and big dreams.  He will be going to Japan in July for a two week service mission trip.
We will really miss him when he goes.  Serenity will miss him especially.  He is her go to guy.
 
After Japan, he wants to find a position in China teaching English.  I guess China is contagious in our house. 

As the oldest brother, he takes that very seriously, leading the way in facial hair.  His brothers live in envy of the happy gnomes living in his goatee.(ongoing joke in out house about why Mattie's beard grows so much faster than Dean and Donovan's)
But at the end of the day, he is still my little boy, my gateway into motherhood.  He is an awesome young man with a big heart, a heart for others both in his house and the rest of the world.  How can I not be busting buttons proud of him?  He is awesome and he is my baby!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment