Thursday, May 23, 2013

Happy Dance!!!



There are a few significant steps in adoption from China.
The first is finally getting your dossier(stack of paperwork) together and sending it to China, called DTC then having your dossier logged into the system in China, called LID, log in date.
The second is being matched with a child, called referral.
Then there is sending in your Letter of Intent, LOI and receiving Pre-Approval, PA.
In our case we completed our dossier, found our daughter. Then we were LOI, PA, DTC and LID in that order.
Now for a huge step. LOA!  The LOA is the letter of acceptence or letter seeking confirmation.  It is an official letter from China asking if we accept Dang Yu Qing's referral to be our daughter.  It looks like this:
That's not ours but you get the idea.  We signed it and sent it back to the agency PDQ.(pretty darn quick) aka the same day we received it we overnighted it back.

Remember me talking about feeling like we were hitting walls in expediting?  I felt pretty ineffective in my human efforts.  And like I have done so many other times in this process I just kept praying.  But my prayers changed.  I fell asleep each night crying out to God.  He had to do the expediting, not me, not my agency, not China.  He parted the Red Sea, He could cut the red tape. And He did.  We were told LOA would take 45 days from LID.  I was checking my email Monday not expecting much,we were only on day 25.  And there it was. I was caught off guard,25 days from LID to LOA, that is smoking fast. Expedite, boom!
 To quote my Mamow Aggie, "Thank You, Jesus"
We have been told to expect travel in 10-14 weeks.  Let's see what God thinks about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment