Thursday, June 26, 2014

More from the Windy City

Saturday was a full day at the conference. It was so neat to be in a room full if people that were walking similar paths. And we got to meet friends from our Adoptive Parents of Thalassemia FB group

Good looking bunch , isn't it.   The couple on the far right even did a presentation on adoption Sunday morning. 

Saturday night was the 'Mad Science Dance Party'complete wth party favors. 

We all had a good time as you can see. 
Sunday brought more speakers and group sessions. I was especially inspired by the yoga teacher's session.  And the young women that spoke about why it was so important to remain adherent to chelation brought herself to tears so moved me. And you all know my strict rule that no one cries alone in my presence....
The main lesson I learned this weekend was chelate, chelate, chelate and then chelate some more!  
After the conference ended Sunday we took the opportunity to visit some dear friends that live in the area. 
Serenity and Katie were from the same orphanage in China and adopted at the same time.  'China Sisters'. 

And of course we couldn't leave Chicago without Chicago Deep Dish. 
Soooo good. I promise I will be food responsible tomorrow.....







No comments:

Post a Comment