Monday, June 17, 2013

Only Robinson Crusoe had everything done by Friday. ~Author Unknown

Ah a lazy weekend.....Ya right!
This past Saturday was Mattie's grad party.  Since he is hard to pin down for pictures, I grabbed him before the party started and did an impromptu iphone photo shoot.  Here are 2 of my favorites.

 
Isn't he a looker? 
 
We had  lots of fun visiting with friends and family that attended.  But I think it is safe to say the big hit of the party were the meatballs and comedy show.
First the meatballs.  My son Dean is a professional cook.  And he is good at it!  For the party I asked him to make the meatballs he has been telling me about.  He gave me a list of ingredients and said he would.  So Friday while I chopped veggies for a veggie platter he worked his magic.  It was so nice to work in the kitchen with him.  We laughed and talked and shared work.  It was a terrific experience for me.  I hope he thinks so too.  But the meatballs, oh the meatballs, they were every bit as good as he had said.  Saturday I made sure to tell everyone they were HOMEMADE by Dean.  Now for every party my sister must bring her famous potato salad and Dean must make meatballs.
After the party there were maybe a dozen meatballs left.  I quickly re-bowled them from the huge roaster and put them in the fridge thinking no one would want ice cold meatballs and we could have spaghetti and meatballs for dinner Monday night.  How naive am I?  I have known these people for years.  We are having tacos.
Then after dinner the boys did an improv show.  I love to watch them do these things.
All in all it was a great evening.  We had a rare sunny day, my mother-in-law said it was God Smiling on Mattie.  I like to think she is right.
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment