Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Bear you one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. Gal 6:2

Not gonna lie, its been a rough road to this adoption.  If the road to Hell is paved with good intentions, the road to China is paved with red tape!  Yesterday afternoon I hit the wall, well not literally hit but I sure felt like throwing something at it.  It just seems like one step forward three steps back.
I called our agency last Thursday to ask about our Article 5 drop off at the US Consulate in Guangzhou(this bit of paperwork has to do with Belle's visa) and asked if they include the medical expedite letters. Same old same old, only life and death blah, blah,blah. But she was sure they were sent because they are in our file. She said the A5 should be dropped off Friday. Called back Monday, med exp letters WERE NOT sent. But are there now and the A5 will be dropped off TUESDAY! GRRRRRRRRRR! I'm sorry, I thought I was paying you thousands of dollars to help me, not decide whether or not it is life and death, and if a hemoglobin of 4.9 isn't life and death it sure is close enough! 
I was stressed. 
I shared all this in our Small Group last night, and proud of myself for not crying.
This morning 2 of the ladies from our group picked me up to go pick cherries.  Another lady from the group and her family are out of town for a while and they have a sour cherry tree with cherries ready to pick.  So we went.  And let me tell you, it was just what I needed.  Fresh air, idyllic setting, birds singing and fuzzy kittens gamboling about does a spirit good.
Thanks Pam and Marci for helping bear my burden.
Me on a ladder, with my head in the tree
Marci in the tree
My view from the ladder

My next post, the Great Cherry Pie Tale
 

No comments:

Post a Comment