Tuesday, July 9, 2013

"The dandelions and buttercups gild all the lawn: the drowsy bee stumbles among the clover tops, and summer sweetens all to me." - James Russell Lowell

Ok try not to be to surprised.  I love Summer.  I love most everything about it. 
July is especially precious to me.  We have so much to celebrate in July.  We have anniversaries and birthdays.  It is great. 
This year marks:
9 years Serenity has been in our lives. 
2 years Nikki has been officially part of our family(She and Dean were married July 9, 2011)
10 years Serenity has been on this Earth
27 years Matt and I have been married
77 years Poppy has been on the planet.

For those of you keeping score at home, Matt and I were married on Poppy's 50th birthday.

This year we will add Belle's adoption celebration to the calendar.
See why I am loving July?
By way of official celebration for the first two on the list we took a family outing to Dave an Buster's.

I got a little choked up when I thought about the fact that this will probably be the last meal we have together for several weeks.  And the last meal we will have as a family of 7. 
I love to have all three of these guys together.  They are so funny.  I can't believe how grown up they are now.  It seems like just yesterday.....anyway my favorite quote about parenthood is...wait this is good, you should probably write it down, go get a pen and paper.
"The days may be long but the years are short" 
 See I told you it was good.  Since I am sure you didn't get pen and paper(you know who you are) just cut and paste.

So Summer.....all to soon to be Fall....but that is a conversation for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment