Sunday, July 7, 2013

Prayer is a strong wall and fortress of the church; it is a goodly Christian weapon. Martin Luther

I read a great deal online about adoption and parenting.  You know the old joke? 'Before I had children I had 6 theories on parenting.  Now I have 6 kids and no idea.'  Ya it's kind of like that.  But we do want to be prepared. Belle will be 19 months when we receive her.  Think back to when you had a child that age.  Now imagine what would happen if they were taken from everything they have ever known and had to re-adjust.  I can't begin to understand how scary it must be. 
People have been asking what we need. And what we and Belle need more than anything is prayer.  Pray for Belle.  That she will be as healthy as she can be for travel, and that her heart will be open to us and the grieving will not be too hard on her.  Pray for her caregivers, because I believe with all my heart, they love these kids.
I read this online about praying your first days home and I thought, if you were so inclined, you may like to read it. It is a nice template.
How should I pray?

No comments:

Post a Comment