Monday, October 14, 2013

Transfusion Monday

Belle is sleeping on my lap as her IV pumps 'go juice' into her 'magic button' 
Translation for those of you over 2: blood into her port access. 
When we were starting our second adoption and considering which special needs we were comfortable with we ruled out Thalassemia because... Well because we were lazy. I mean trips to the hospital every month for a whole day sounded like an ordeal. But we were wrong. These hospital days aren't so bad especially since she has a port. 
Most days at home I have dozens of things I feel like I should be doing, but on hospital day all I have to do is be with Belle. We have snacks, watch movies, get lunch, look at books, visit the kitchen for goldfish graham crackers and she naps. 
Oh sure there is some medical stuff going on but that's not my dept. someone else is in charge of that. I'm just in charge of being with my baby. 


No comments:

Post a Comment