Wednesday, June 12, 2013

So....What's new?

Well, I'm glad you asked. Last Thursday we were able to cut thru another strand of red tape keeping us from Belle. We received I800 approval. The I800 is "Petition to Classify (Hague) Convention Adoptee as an Immediate Relative'. It gives us permission from Uncle Sam to call Belle our daughter. Next step our paperwork goes to the National Visa Center in New Hampshire. Getting this little piece of info on Thursday afternoon was a big relief because I got it just as we were heading out the door to go to the family cabin for the weekend. I could relax a few days before fighting the red tape again Monday. Ahhhh the cabin, a little bit of throwback to a simpler time.

 Poppy needed a new battery for his truck. They put those things in there pretty secure. I  got to help get the last bolt loosened because I have smaller hands.
 We also cut ALOT of wood. The log splitter may have been the coolest thing going! Serenity loved helping Poppy with his 'cool toy'
      The new shed needed painted and recent college grad, Mattie, was happy to oblige.
BIRD RESCUE!! There was a robin caught on a branch by a piece of nylon string. The poor thing had it wrapped around on 'foot' and it was wrapped around the branch of a maple tree. Poppy climbed the ladder to cut the branch down, Mattie held the ladder on uneven ground(after I put down the camera) I helped bring the branch down gently so as not to hurt Robin, and Daddy Matt freed the birdie.
   Grammy was in charge of the grub!  The lack of running water or  electricity doesn't seem to slow her down!
Sunday we went to the coolest museum called Tyred Wheels. It is in the middle of nowhere. It has antique cars toys and what-nots. http://www.visitpa.com/pa-museums/tyred-wheels-museum

Monday morning brought a doctor's appointment. Serenity needed a physical for traveling to China and we wanted to check on her immunizations. Turns out all 3 of us needed immunizations. She got one for respiratory stuff(the only reason we agreed to this one is because of the air quality in China) and tetanus booster. Matt got Hep B and Hep A and I got Hep A.

I want to leave you with this little goodie. So many times pop culture gets things wrong, I love it when they get it right!

No comments:

Post a Comment